Monday, June 30, 2008

More of my bullshit

Who is your favorite Beatle? Not that I have one, but I would pick John.
What is one of your favorite Beatle songs? Key word there is "one of," because I have so many. The whole 2nd side of Abbey Road, Most of the White Album, and all of Rubber Soul.
Best/Worst cover of a Beatles song How about I show you:

Best song by a Beatle after the breakup "Imagine." bar none. Well maybe "Back Off Bugaloo." Just kidding :) "Imagine" sums up perfectly hope for a better world amid so much turmoil. Lennon was talking about early 70s turmoil, which is different than the current day turmoil, which is different than future turmoil. Despite that, the words fit perfect. As a writer, you hope your words are timeless and enduring. Very few songs resonate like "Imagine" in that respect. Prince's "Sign O' The Times" comes close. Also, Paul McCartney had a string of great solo tunes as well. "Live And Let Die," and "Maybe I'm Amazed" are among the best. Both of those sound amazing live. I put those tunes in the playlist, hit play on the cassette to the right to hear them.
Are you a talker or a listener? Is it ever possible to really be both? Absolutely not. When you're running your mouth, you can't absorb anything. I am a listener, I don't talk much. You can get more information that way. Ben Franklin I think once said, "The ear should be sharper than the tongue."
Do you think God has a sense of humor? Aw hell yeah. I am living proof!
Do you believe in love at first sight? Have you ever experienced it? Yes and yes.

What about you? Hit comments and release your inner Lance Brumder.

No comments:

Post a Comment