Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sleep. Rest. A Jedi craves not these things.

It's week two of my vampirical existence. So far no major problems, besides being tired and prone to nap at any moment. I'm working the 10p-8a shift at work. Who did I piss off to get that shitty shift? Well, I asked for it. The way I see it the benefits outweigh the problems. My 10-hour shifts give me a 4-day work week, with Weekends and Friday's off. Ya can't beat that. Plus I get a bump in pay, and I'm home for dinner every night. Before I was working nights and weekends, and had to get up at 6am, after working until 1am just to see my kids before they're off to school/babysitter. Then I would have to cram a week's worth of activities with them into the few hours before I had to work on the weekends. My breaking point with that schedule was when I had to request vacation time for my daughter's birthday party and dance recital, then hope no one else had that time off. I know nobody cares about my work schedule, but I've been up for about 23 hours now and I need to do something to get me through the next hour. My Dad sacrificed by standing on his feet 6 days a week running restaurants to make sure we had nice things. I think a little sleep deprivation is the least I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment