Thursday, September 15, 2005

Tomorrow Never Knows

Thinking about the hurricane and all the death and destruction gets me down. Things are starting to turnaround there. Now everyones blaming everyone else. I think everyone in government, from the president,, down to that idiot cunt governor who looked like a deer in the headlights, to the mayor of New Orleans... who just assumed everything would be alright, then started screaming about what the state is entitled to. How sad. Its the whole mentality of entitlement that the city government has cultivated for the last 50 years. Lets just sit around, somebody'll do something for us. Look what it got them. Sure, they were poor and couldn't go anywhere, but there was plenty of warning to get out. They could scrape together $25 to buy a bus ticket. I guess I just have a different mentality.

I think about what I would do in that situation, and the answer is simple... JUST LEAVE AND DON'T COME BACK. I have enough family and friends around the south I'm sure I could crash on somebody's couch.

But it makes me wonder about all my memories being lost if my house got wiped out. Then I realize... those things can be replaced, and no flood can take away my memories. But it just gets you thinking about things you'd miss and things you miss already... like bleu cheese, pizza and orange county... and my moment of zen.

Today's moment of zen happened last week. I hate answering the phone at work, because its always a nut telling me their stupid story idea. So I've got a bad cold, I'm hopped up on dayquil, its 7am and I'd been at work since 3am, and the phones are ringing off the hook. So I pick up the phone. Sure enough, its a crazy bitch telling me about how dfacs took her kid because her infant was sick and how her midwife told her that e-coli in her vagina made her kid sick. So me, in my sickened state has to hear about this woman's putrid twat making giving her kid food poisoning. I wanted to tell her to hose out her snatch and call someone who gives a shit. Fuck it.

1.Do you ever just take a couple of days and go radio silent from the world? Why/why not? My whole life is radio silent. People need to check in to make sure I'm still living.
2. Do you ever make it a point to get outside your everyday life? What do you do? Where do you go? No. I'm busting my ass to make a living, when do I have time to go outside my everyday life?
3. Do you like it when people can't get ahold of you? How does it make you feel? Nah, I like hearing from people. Like old friends...
Bonus Question for Comments: Do you have any current plans to get away? If so, what are they? Maybe for Christmas...

Uggh, its been a long week, and its just half over.

Fat Dynamite.

Britney Spears has a kid now. Preston Michael Spears Federline. or "PMS" as they call him. How sad is it that I'll know how old britneys kid is, because he's the same age as my kid.