Wednesday, October 19, 2005

My grandmother always said, "Why buy the cow when you get the sex for free?"

The latest interview with aging hipster Madonna got me thinking. In the interview with "This Is London." She told them she's a stern disciplinarian with her children, and won't even let them watch TV:
"My kids don't watch TV. We have televisions but they're not hooked up to anything but movies. TV is trash. I was raised without it. We don't have magazines or newspapers in the house either."
Apparently that fake accent has gone to her head. Did she forget what got her to the top of the entertainment world? The very trash TV, newspapers and movies she now despises. Now everyone has a right to change their mind, and everyone has a right to raise their kids like they want. But you gotta dance with the one that brung you to the dance, Mo. The Kabbalah's making her mental. Why can't she just be a Scientologist and wait for the aliens to come? What a hypocrite. "I write childrens books, I'm a perfect mother now" Whatever. Wasn't there a picture in your "Sex" book getting d.p.'d by Big Daddy Kane and Vanilla Ice? or something like that. It take much more than an old lady dress and a fake accent to cover up such a phony. And her music sucks these days too. How hard is it to hear a song at a club, then pay a producer to make an identical song and sing over it? She's become the Artist formerly known as relevant. I guess she still has some popularity, I'm writing about her, ain't I?
Look at her contemporaries from the 80s... Prince don't curse any more and is a holy roller, and his songs were considered dirty back in the day. But he still sings "Dance Music Sex Romance" and the like. And look at Michael Jackson, he's just as freaky now as he was back then. You don't see him coming out against wearing one glove and high-waters with sequined socks. And he's stayed true to his backing of men sleeping in beds with young boys.

In other news, I know very little about sports... but I do know what an integral part the New Orleans Saints are to Louisiana and that region. There's talk that the team's temporary home, San Antonio, is trying to keep the Saints there. The team's longtime owner, Tom Benson, has lived there for years. For once I agree with N.O.'s numbskull mayor Ray Nagin, he said, "We want the team back, but we might not want its owner back." I say if someone's gonna kick a city when its down, they deserve that bunch of losers. Its disrespectful to a town that has already gone through so much. New Orleans over the years has bent over backwards for Tom Benson. I remember numerous times growing up that he threatened to move the Saints to a stadium just over the Mississippi state line or to somewhere else. I hope this isn't another ploy to get more money out of the city. When the Saints do get back to the Superdome, its going to be virtually brand new, since the hurricane and the evacuees destroyed it. But hey, what do I know, I don't give a shit about football, I just hate to see another bad thing happen to my hometown.

I'm anxious to check out the 10th anniversary DVD of Mallrats... If I can watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment