Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Cinerama

1. What is your favorite movie of all time? I've thought about this a lot, and I can't nail it down to one movie. I have a favorite movie in any given genre. Comedy, Drama, Mafia, Music, Sci-Fi, etc. And some movies are good as part of a group. e.g. Kevin Smith's movies are great on their own merits, but taken as a whole are much better. So for the purposes of this exercise, I'll pick my favorite mafia flick, Francis Ford Coppola's Masterpiece, The Godfather. The movie has everything, sex, violence, profanity, and abuse of a horse head.
2. How often do you watch this movie? About once a year, and whenever its on TV. I watch it enough to recite the words with it.
3. What's your favorite line out of the whole movie? "Keep your friends close... and your enemies closer."
4. Who's your favorite character from this movie? Most people would say Pacino's character, Michael, or Brando's character, Vito. Those are too obvious. My favorite its Sonny Corleone. He's a hothead, he's ruled by emotion, and acts without thinking things through. Its all about instinct. His ole man tries to tell him never to let people know what he's thinking but he's all about the "Bada-Bing, Bada-Boom, you blow his brains all over your Ivy League suit." He even died cool. A car full of dudes fills his car full of holes, and he still gets out to try and get off a few shots. I think I like Sonny because he's the complete opposite of me. I tend to over-analyze things, and I would never beat a guy with a trash can lid."
5. What scene do you love the most? Again, most people would say when the guy wakes up with the horse head in the bed is their favorite, but I disagree. My favorite scene is when Michael goes to visit his father, who had been shot, in the hospital, and finds there's no one guarding him. He immediately enlists the help of the baker's son to pretend to be a gangster so when the guys come to kill his ole man, they'll know he's being protected. I think it showed Michael's prowess as a cool-headed gangster... and his switch from the WWII vet who comes home and promises to make the Corleone family legit.

No comments:

Post a Comment