Monday, November 22, 2004

Afternoon Dispatch

  • Wondering what to get that special someone? Look no farther than your local Target. They've got the perfect gift. I'm recommending it for everyone on your Christmas or Chanukah gift list. So what if they've already got it? Get them the soundtrack!
  • Rolling Stone listed the 500 best songs ever. Prince has 6 (7 if you count "Nothing Compares 2 U"), The Beatles have 23, and the Stones have 14. The number one song was "Like A Rolling Stone" by Bob Dylan. While I like the song, its no where NEAR the best song. To be the best rock song, you need a certain amount of ingredients. A face-melting guitar solo, a ground-shaking beat, emotional lyrics sung with conviction. That stupid Dylan song has none of that. So screw them.
  • Speaking of lists, The AFI has released its list of the 400 best movie quotes. I seem to quote movies way too often. I found this list pretty good. Some of the old movies I had never seen. I couldn't find one of my favorite lines, its from Naked Gun: Frank Drebin (looking up at Priscilla Presley on a ladder): "Nice Beaver." Priscilla Presley: "Thanks I just had it stuffed" (as she comes down the ladder holding a stuffed beaver.) Pure comedy gold, people, gold I tells ya. I guess at the end of the year people like to see these types of lists as a way of looking back, reflecting on the year, trying to make a clean start in the new year. It never works. Its all the same crap.
  • The Holiday Spice Pepsi is pretty good.
  • BasketBrawl. These Basketball players are suspended after going after some rowdy fans. Hello, talking shit is part of the game. If these players are too stupid to realize that, and can't control themselves, send their overpaid, spoiled asses back to the playground in Compton.

No comments:

Post a Comment