Friday, November 05, 2004

Revenge Of The Sith

Today they released the trailer for Episode III. I wasn't as excited as I was for the other two. Anyone whose seen the other 5 movies, can probably guess what happens. But it was still cool as hell to see the outfit unveiled and hearing The Emporer say, "Rise Lord Vader." OK I'm a nerd. Fuck you, I thought it was cool. When Episode I came out, I actually got a lump in my throat when I saw the trailer, because it had been 16 years between movies. Then the movie came out and it was mediocre. Then Episode II came out, and it kinda made up for it. Hell, the Yoda light-saber scene was more badass than the entire Episode I. But what's up with the stupid names? "The Phantom Menace" means absolutely nothing. And "Attack of the clones" is a 30s sci-fi movie... not nearly suitable for the pivotal chapter in the greatest sci-fi story ever told! Now we have "Revenge Of The Sith." Another attempt by George Lucas to add a word to our pop culture lexicon. Much like "Jedi," "Ewok" and "Wookiee." So for now I'm cautiously optimistic about Episode III, as long as it doesn't include Jar-Jar, or have Greedo Shooting first.

No comments:

Post a Comment