Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Its Poll-a-Palooza '04!!

Its 8:00 and the big red and blue map on the news is blinking like a Christmas Tree. I think its so funny how this time around the networks are being so conservative. Every chance they get I hear Dan Rather saying, "We're being conservative." This has been such a decisive race, the nation is so polarized. My vote for president was basically useless. Georgia was called for Bush before the polls even closed. Yay Hillbillies! My brother is a Bush-backer, he told me tonight he figured out why I'm voting for Kerry. He thinks its because I'm in "the media." Well that's true. The Bush Administration has backed a climate of censorship in the media that was touched off with the Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction. So if voting for Kerry will allow me to listen to whatever I want to listen to or watch whatever I want to watch... so be it. I'm not a liberal, I'm not a conservative, and I'm neither Republican nor Democrat. I vote my conscience, I vote for what will impact me. Stifling the First Amendment affects me, so screw Bush.
If Bush stays in office, he'll no doubt send more troops to Iraq, and eventually he'll need to send more troops. There's talk he'll re-instate the draft. I don't want my kid having to deal with a draft... nor do I want anyone else's kid to be sent to some shithole to kill people they don't know. Is your life any different, much less safer, because we liberated Iraq? Fuck no. If the election had been held right after 9/11, I would've voted for Bush. But instead he squandered the admiration and respect many people had for him. Just like Janet's boob gave the conservatives a ticket to impede upon free speech, 9/11 gave them a ticket to invade Iraq. They were planning to invade Iraq long before 9/11, they just needed a reason. So while AMERICANS are dying in Iraq, Osama bin Laden is running around footloose and fancy free. Sure we liberated Afghanistan and Iraq, but Afghanistan needed to be liberated because it harbored the terrorists that attacked us. Iraq just lost a war 13 years ago. Do I think Iraqis are better off than they were 4 years ago? Yes. Do I think Americans are? NO. More Americans died in Iraq because of Bush than died on 9/11. Where's the logic? What's the frequency, Kenneth? I hope Kerry wins, but its 12:45 and it looks like he may not.

In the meantime:

Top Ten Punchlines To Dirty Election Jokes
10. "With a poll like that, I'm suprised he can gallup at all."
9. "She starts chanting, 'four more minutes! four more minutes!'"
8. "That's not the voting lever, but don't stop pulling."
7. "This isn't how it looks--I'm just joining a third party."
6. I prefer Bush, but I don't know who I'll vote for."
5. "So that's where Katherine Harris was hiding the Al Gore votes."
4. "Unfortunately, his margin of error was plus or minus three inches."
3. "Get used to it, honey--we live in a swing state."
2. "I thought you had trouble maintaining an election."
1. "I saw your sister with Mary Cheney--there was no sign of Dick."

No comments:

Post a Comment