Sunday, November 21, 2004

Saturday Six

1. Other than news, sports, editorials and weather, which specific features or columns of the newspaper do you always read?
I read the entire 'Living' Section in the AJC. I like the 'vent'. For you non-ATLiens, thats where people send in one-liners about life in Atlanta. For example: "If Star Jones was truly a "star with stardom" she would have the finances for a star studded wedding."

2. When do you normally do your Christmas shopping? Have you started this year's, yet? Do you intend to spend more, less or the same this year versus last year? I do my shopping at the beginning of December. I make a list of people to buy for, and I set out on one day and get presents for them all. I haven't really started this year. I will probably spend the same as I did last year.

3. You're having a true "TV Dinner," made by a classic character: who would you rather have in the kitchen:
A) Aunt Bee from "The Andy Griffith Show"
B) Alice from "The Brady Bunch"
C) June from "Leave it to Beaver"
D) Edith from "All in the Family"
E) Claire from "The Cosby Show"

Aunt Bee, definately. She was always cooking good stuff like fried chicken and pies. I never saw Alice cook anything good, and June Cleaver's dinner probably is as bland as that show, and Edith probably doesn't have a good repertoire. While I'd like Claire Huxtable to be a dinner guest, because she's way more intelligent than the others, I've never seen her cook anything. She's a career woman and probably never had time to cook for all those damn kids.

4. What topic are you most sick of hearing about in J-Land? The fucking election. Its over, let it be. I'm also tired of the middle east. I know the Jews and Muslims are fighting and suicide bombing each other, but when it happens every day, who cares? Its half-a-world away. Seems to me, if I lived in a place where they had bombings and terrorism on a daily basis, I would've moved a long time ago. I know its the holy land, and one side thinks they have more of a right to it than the other, but how holy is a land where children get blown up. If they were smart, they'd be living the sweet life out in Southern California's beautiful San Fernando Valley! (Hit comments if you know what movie thats from) Ain't no bombing there.

5. What company is annoying you most with junk mail? Credit Card Companies. They constantly send me junk mail.

6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #32 from Chantal: What cheesy sitcom (from any era) most describes how you grew up? Your family, location, dynamics, details...
Herman's Head. Few people saw this sitcom when it was on in the early 1990s, but I identified with it. Its about a guy who had four people living in his brain. They each represented the different sides of his personality. A woman named Angel was his sensitive side, a fat guy named Animal was his lust side, a wimp was his anxiety side, and another nerdy guy was his intellect. Sometimes I feel like I have those four people yelling at me all the time. Or maybe thats just the voices in my head. That really doesn't describe my famly, etc. but I always liked that stupid show.

1. If you were a shoe, what would you look like? Red Wing Boot: Big, Black, and can survive a nuclear blast or some golden corral grease.
2. If you were a t-shirt, what would you say? Your name or logo here.
3. If your house caught on fire and was burning to the ground...what is the one thing you'd save and why? Nothing. I've been to at least 20 house fires, and written stories on hundreds more. People try to save things and wind up burned or dead. Nothing is that important. Your stuff can be replaced, but you can't.
4. If you were a book...would you read yourself? No way, how boring would that be?
5. If you could do anything at all (without consequences), what would you do I would do nothing different. Everything has consequences. You eat a piece of Aunt Bee's Apple pie, there are consequences. You hurt someone you love, there are consequences. You live your life, you go on, and try to learn from those consequences. If you could do something with no consequences, its probably something you shouldn't have done in the first place, or its something that doesn't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment