Monday, November 08, 2004

Music

Music made me the person I am today because.......
The first time I heard Prince, I knew that I was The Funkiest White Man On The Planet.

Boybands make me want to HURL!.

Funk makes me want to get up and dance.

The Beatles is my favorite Band, because they did great music before anyone else. Nobody could touch them. They emerged at the right time, had the right sound, and the right look. The were perfect.

If I want to relax, I listen to the crappy Jazz station.

If it weren't for Prince, I never would have listened to Old School Funk.

Music is the language that it brings people together from every different social strata. It evokes a common emotion shared by millions of people. Imagine 20,000 white, black, young, old, rich and poor people all singing the same song... all smiling, screaming and clapping together. However, each of those 20,000 people have a different memory of that particular song, but yet they're all together. You think a politician can evoke that kind of emotion? or a motivational speaker? No way. That's not to say how performing and writing music can heal and be cathartic. That's why I have about 1,000 cds laying around the floor of the Xterra!
What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for doing the mambo! Im in agreement with you on the Boybands question and the Beatles are fab, of course!

    ReplyDelete