Friday, January 07, 2005

May The Hype Be With You

Let the Buzz Begin. I usually avoid Pre-Star Wars movie hype like the plague. In the past its ruined the suspense when the movie finally does come out. Despite that, this is just cool. Vanity Fair has a fold-out cover shot of all the major Star Wars players. To add to the hype, there's even a guy whose already in line for the next movie, even though its 5 months away! He doesn't even know if its going to be at the theater outside which he has planted himself. Now there's talk that Mark Hamill and Kevin Smith are teaming up to do a Star Wars TV show. Call me crazy, call me a nerd, but thats fucking cool. I remember as a young Chas, my dad took me to see Star Wars at a Drive-Inn. Maybe I'll be able to do that with my kid one day.


This month will begin the last season of The Osbournes. I'm kinda glad, its time to give them to rest. I love Ozzy, I love his music, and I love his pre-Reality Show persona. Overnight, he went from the Prince of Fuckin' Darkness, the elder-statesman of Metal to America's Favorite Daddy Doofus. Sure, he made a buttload of money, he's now an even bigger star than before, and his TV show was a hit, and his family members are now household names.... But look what the poor bastard gave up: He lost his privacy, he relapsed into drug use, his ole lady got cancer, and two of his kids went to rehab. Godspeed Osbournes, Godspeed.


And in a shameful ploy for hits, I'm mentioning Ashlee Simpson. This broad gets creepier all the time. First her father had a "Virginity Ceremony" with Jessica Simpson, now Ashlee reveals the Sisters Simpson can each burp the alphabet. Nice. No wonder your no-singin' ass has acid reflux! But she's got talent. Jeez. I hear they can queef the Star Spangled Banner too. In case you missed her getting booed at the Orange Bowl, this guy posted a video clip of it. There's also more hot pictures of Jessica as Daisy Duke in the new Dukes Of Hazzard flick.


And this really taps my nuts... After all the bantering about how digital music downloads are ruining the music busines... CD SALES ACTUALLY WENT UP! Atlanta hometown heroes Usher, Lil Jon and OutKast had record-breaking years. It just goes to show you, the market will straighten itself out. Give people what they want! So to all those RIAA punk ass bitches out there who are suing little old ladies and children and broke college students: eat a dick.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:22 AM

    Sorry, it's rare, but I have to disagree with you here. The new Star Wars movies don't get me excited. The originals were great. The new ones suck, at least to me. Bring on the hate.

    Also, the ability to burp the alphabet is one of the best things I've heard about the Simpson sisters yet. And, Ashlee says Jessica is better. What's not to love about that??? While you're waiting in line to see Star Wars, I'll be first in line for the Dukes of Hazzard. Now that's one I'm excited over. They better not ruin it.
    --Rich P.

    ReplyDelete